Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

All Forums
 Upstate Underground Community
 Upstate Underground Network Main Forum
 ATTN: CoSM - Chapel of Sacred Mirrors?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
neighborhood crime Posted - 06/18/2011 : 8:02:56 PM
Can anyone please elaborate on this group?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
616 Posted - 06/26/2011 : 10:48:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by neighborhood crime

Alright, to say I don't accept art is going overboard because I definitely am a fan of damien hirst. The concept of art being spiritual along with sermons of "spirituallity" bugs me. Also understand that the town I lived in most of my life downstate was where WATCHTOWER FARMS was. People tend to question "spirituallity" when there's a knock @ your door every f*cking day asking you to join "god's people" because of the training grounds being right there. My question is relevant. I'm going to question something coming from my original region of new york popping up in the new england and upstate scene when I haven't heard of it.

You guys act as if you should never question any type of splinter group manifesting itself within the scene. If bonds are to be formed then there's got to be open information exchange. The r.ave scene has become extremely rigid and logical. The forced entry of new scenes based on spirituallity must be explained like dose did (with experience in that scene and logical interpretation, not in their context and wording) in order to piece the relationships back together. Seriously teddy, are we talking 92 when we had that bond with them?

interesting this is the conclusion you came to.

anyway, how do you figure that any 'bonds' need to be built between them and 'the r.ave scene'? they don't seem to be forcing anything on anyone. they're artists offering services (therapy?) to people who want to spend their money on that. OMG GIFT SHOP MARK OF THE BEAST

and doesn't this dude work with MAPS or the guy that heads MAPS? rare breed of humans that genuinely give a fudge about other autonomous humans.

get the fudge out
616 Posted - 06/26/2011 : 10:31:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by deebuke

labelers gonna label.

lol man you really do crack me the fudge up sometimes lol
Lock42 Posted - 06/26/2011 : 10:07:35 PM
some of them want to use you
t3uth Posted - 06/26/2011 : 8:27:06 PM
It's Alex Greys house bro,
A beautiful place, def not one where bad vibes even remotely happen.
=]
Juniper Posted - 06/24/2011 : 09:41:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dr morozoff

quote:
Originally posted by Juniper

mr morozoff you are trying so hard!! ha

If typing a few short sentences is trying too hard, well, poopie man i got nothing...

Ahh as a good troll you would know the one and two liners are the best ones
Juniper Posted - 06/24/2011 : 09:39:03 AM
quote:

quote:

If typing a few short sentences is trying too hard, well, poopie man i got nothing...

Ahh as a good troll you would know the one and two liners are the best ones
dr morozoff Posted - 06/24/2011 : 08:05:01 AM
quote:

Juniper Posted - 06/24/2011 : 07:46:22 AM
i am sorry if i came off harsh. It just seemed to me as they were already convicted as a cult before anyone even explained what they do. Dose only elaborated a lil more on what i was saying by giving examples of events. However everything is there in the forums an on the web pages. I actually think you are very well versed in understanding things than some may seem. Its that Alex and his ideas are not new. He was there even before us he has just finally got all his apples in one basket now instead of just visions and ideas. You are right the communication should be open. I am sorry if I came off harsh. I am very protective of those who are very well grounded and stand for something imo to be pure. I was at a feeling you have already determined what they were about and maybe was not turning back. Some of your statements lead me to think that as well. Alex and his wife being pioneers of something most of us were after thoughts to and still keeping it fresh. Nothing more than just a huge spread of visual art, health, music and healing. That scares many who dont understand it. I will say spirituality and religions can be totally different. I for one knows this well as I dont practice a religion or cult at all lol.
deebuke Posted - 06/24/2011 : 06:32:44 AM
I agree n.crime. Although... only to an extent. How do we know.... you're not ONE of them?
neighborhood crime Posted - 06/24/2011 : 06:13:54 AM
Alright, to say I don't accept art is going overboard because I definitely am a fan of damien hirst. The concept of art being spiritual along with sermons of "spirituallity" bugs me. Also understand that the town I lived in most of my life downstate was where WATCHTOWER FARMS was. People tend to question "spirituallity" when there's a knock @ your door every f*cking day asking you to join "god's people" because of the training grounds being right there. My question is relevant. I'm going to question something coming from my original region of new york popping up in the new england and upstate scene when I haven't heard of it.

You guys act as if you should never question any type of splinter group manifesting itself within the scene. If bonds are to be formed then there's got to be open information exchange. The r.ave scene has become extremely rigid and logical. The forced entry of new scenes based on spirituallity must be explained like dose did (with experience in that scene and logical interpretation, not in their context and wording) in order to piece the relationships back together. Seriously teddy, are we talking 92 when we had that bond with them?
Juniper Posted - 06/23/2011 : 10:04:49 PM
hmm maybe i will make a plan for the september event.
dosethealien Posted - 06/23/2011 : 9:58:15 PM
quote:

Drew you should meet cindy asa and I when we go. I will keep you posted!!

I think I'm going to the next full Moon Gathering, I'm def going to be there for the next Solstice Event in September as well.
Juniper Posted - 06/23/2011 : 5:25:40 PM
Drew you should meet cindy asa and I when we go. I will keep you posted!!
Juniper Posted - 06/23/2011 : 5:22:51 PM
Vogelizer Posted - 06/23/2011 : 4:33:17 PM
You can call any group of gathered people a cult if you really try hard or really don't try.
dosethealien Posted - 06/23/2011 : 2:21:12 PM
here is a link to their site.
http://www.cosm.org/
deebuke Posted - 06/23/2011 : 2:02:50 PM
labelers gonna label.
dr morozoff Posted - 06/23/2011 : 1:58:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PL@N3MO

quote:
This was something that divide me from all scenes in a whole. Allowed me to feel their was no labels. What i use to think was something the rave scene offered. Then that changed. Drew def said it best.

For whatever reason this struck a major chord with me.. There is truth in this statement.

Well, technically he's labeling people as "labelers" sooooooooo...yeah.
PL@N3MO Posted - 06/23/2011 : 12:59:48 PM
quote:
This was something that divide me from all scenes in a whole. Allowed me to feel their was no labels. What i use to think was something the rave scene offered. Then that changed. Drew def said it best.

For whatever reason this struck a major chord with me.. There is truth in this statement.
Juniper Posted - 06/23/2011 : 12:18:43 PM
quote:

quote:

ignorance is bliss. If you had it figured out why do you ask. Alex like many artist had a vision of a huge place to host his art and share it with many. A place where they could do multi media events. A place to do yoga live healthy and to be free of the close minded poopie as we have seen in this thread. No killing or worshiping the devil or a space shuttle is coming to take us away hahaha I bet Depth has some insight on this as well. No biggie just the UU shining its love colors. His terminology is very common talk when speaking of something that feels spiritual and powerful to them. I would not have really called the pranksters a cult yet they kind of the same thing in the 60s. Typical NC stuff here. Whats this mean but wait min let me tell you what it means. Wait i dont understand it cuz im outside the box looking in. Waite I hated it any way lol Good stuff!!

you know man, calling anyone who can't understand the stuff you're into close-minded is rather...well, close-minded in itself is it not? i've always found the exclusionary language you spiritual folks bandy about rather disconcerting considering that it generally flies in the face of what you appear to preach.

just sayin'.

Naw just callin it how i see it. By no means what I am saying to NC is being close minded to what he does not understand. More of his history in posting. Asking a question and if we were to take the time to explain whats its about he has already had something set in his mind. I dont see it changing. I for one and am very open and have supported some of NC threads but sometimes its cut short of looking the whole thing threw. Or getting your personal beliefs in the way of seeing what it is. Probably if discussed by anyone else on this board I would have much differ approach. Just sayin!

i for one have been on the ride with Alex since I can remember. I was so happy when he got the land and opened the doors to so many people. He has been nothing short of a incredible inspiration to so many when its comes to health, art, mind exploration and music. This was something that divide me from all scenes in a whole. Allowed me to feel their was no labels. What i use to think was something the rave scene offered. Then that changed. Drew def said it best.

Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks