the great happy hardcore debate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 3

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  1:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So what is it about the pulsing basslines, cartoonish rhythms, sped up r&b/pop samples and fast paced melodies that make people cringe when they hear the genre being talked about or played??

Or is it just the overwhelming amount of young people who come out with all the candy jewelry and cuddle puddles and stuffed toys that erks the average new yorker??

Or is there another reason

you be the judge..

Click the link below to stream and download my new mix

"The Punisher" by vogelizmskizm
http://soundcloud.com/defektivsoundsystem05
quote:
Originally posted by deebuke

seriously. people really need to get educated if they're gonna claim to like edm. i remember when i took my first edm test... i BARELY passed. i felt like such a scrub. but, then i studied my ass off.. retook the test.. got an A - AND a motherfuckin gold star.

now i only associate with gold star club members. which reminds me.. imma have to see all your gold star club member cards when you get a chance please. thanks.

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  1:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this could be the start of something beautiful.

Vogel, please post that doofy pic of you and anabolic frolic, I searched for it in vain.

So.. Happy 2B Hardcore was the first EDM album I listened to while..

and I guess that counts for something? lol grew out of it quickly, but I really don't mind it too too much.. George Who Spin Records was really good @ Quikk Fixx last year, and music is certainly subjective so who am I to say what is good and bad.

Go to Top of Page

The PHUNgEYE
upstate_psy_guru

3726 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  1:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit The PHUNgEYE's Homepage  Send The PHUNgEYE an AOL message  Reply with Quote

direkt influence/Visionarymindz/Radial Engine/microCosm house-embracing poi/glowstick artists, Freq's, geeks and weirdo's since '99 http://www.soundcloud.com/PHUNgEYE
http://www.Facebook.com/PhunGeye
fb page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=229475867098470#!/pages/PHUNgEYE/256596447701866
phuse.analysis: www.facebook.com/pages/Phuse-analysis/151413218210110

Go to Top of Page

BoogieDown
UUnet Guru

1252 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  1:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoogieDown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy 2B Hardcore Chapter 3 - FTW. Got some *very* happy memories attached to that album, and believe it or not, I can still listen to it without cringing! I doubt anyone else around me could handle it, though... I am sure the negative response to playing HH (in most cases) would rival that of dubstep. I also grew out of it rather quickly, and can't handle much of it, but I don't HATE the genre. I guess there will always be a teeny tiny bit of "candy kid" in me. *shrug*

"I wanna dance to the beat of a different drum..."
Go to Top of Page

Jogo Element
UUnet Guru

1175 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  1:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jogo Element's Homepage  Send Jogo Element an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU6448QE-0Y&feature=PlayList&p=A672F887ACE70846&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8
I f*cking love happy hardcore :-D

Nice Boogie! Posted the same artist I did. Ravers Anthem!!!!!

hard screams dont stop! whistle posse pump it up! Take a look around all the jumpin' up and down, hardcore is the sound, thats why we're underground, take a look around, all the people yellin' rockin' its the anthem for the raver, get your horns and whistles blowin', everybody move your body lift em up, give#65279; it up, everybody move your body, lift em up, lift em up, everybody move your body, lift em up, give it up, get your hands up, lift em up, this is hardcore!!

You know...I've been collecting my tracks ;) You're all gonna have a suprise happy set from me sometime. You'll never know whennnn hahahaha Fo sho though, no joke. Be prepared lol

http://jogoelement.com http://soundcloud.com/jogo-element

It's within each of us

Edited by - Jogo Element on 01/11/2010 2:01:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  2:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The PHUNgEYE

PLURRRRRRR!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  2:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjNexus

hard screams dont stop! whistle posse pump it up! Take a look around all the jumpin' up and down, hardcore is the sound, thats why we're underground, take a look around, all the people yellin' rockin' its the anthem for the raver, get your horns and whistles blowin', everybody move your body lift em up, give#65279; it up, everybody move your body, lift em up, lift em up, everybody move your body, lift em up, give it up, get your hands up, lift em up, this is hardcore!!

wow that just took me back. holy crap.

Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  2:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was gay that they tried renaming the genre to UK hardcore in some instances since i really can't tell the difference.

But the genre itself is still full of win to me. Love hearing someone who plays it well do a good job and alot of the new tracks that are coming out are pretty solid and a little less cheesy than the happy 2b hardcore stuff.

I saw someone dropping a solid set at Pyroglyphics in CT before it got shut down and it really took me back. Just all the kids jumping around with their hands in the air having fun and enjoying themselves. Made me wish I was 19 again, haha.

quote:

seriously. people really need to get educated if they're gonna claim to like edm. i remember when i took my first edm test... i BARELY passed. i felt like such a scrub. but, then i studied my ass off.. retook the test.. got an A - AND a motherfuckin gold star.

now i only associate with gold star club members. which reminds me.. imma have to see all your gold star club member cards when you get a chance please. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

CrazyRaver
upstanding_citizen_raver

2621 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  3:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit CrazyRaver's Homepage  Send CrazyRaver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Eric be proud ur the only Dj I can put up with that plays hardcore. I typically hate the genre mostly for the annoying candy kids but u have managed to open up my eyes to stuff BELOW the 220 bpm range.
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  3:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Plan3m0

Vogel, please post that doofy pic of you and anabolic frolic, I searched for it in vain.

NOW

Go to Top of Page

kristenpimpin
UUnet Guru

1352 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  3:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Send kristenpimpin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
maybe i just havent been around long enough to hate it yet, but happy hardcore is great, it's so fun. & i think candy kids and candy beads are great too, oh and those UFO pants. i need a pair

"if you're on the dance floor and you look to your left & your right and there's not a man in sight, you're NOT pimpin"

Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  4:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kristenpimpin

maybe i just havent been around long enough to hate it yet, but happy hardcore is great, it's so fun. & i think candy kids and candy beads are great too, oh and those UFO pants. i need a pair

in low doses, all that stuff is good w. me. To each their own.

Paging Luvbug/Foxy! I KNOW they have something to say..

Go to Top of Page

Swan 7
network_junglist

2444 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  4:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Swan 7's Homepage  Send Swan 7 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wheres da candy....my arm isnt filled up yet.. also im lacking vicks glowsticks and binkys... anyone bring extra? I HATE HHC except i cant deny that its a part of the scene and thats usually the first step of the huge edm stairway to the sky///// i hate it but cant completely hate on it!

Swan7:(DirektInfluence/DNBC/Visionary Mindz/UpStateJuNgLe/Four on the Floor/S7Design)-Jump Up,Liquid,Dubstep,Garage
1 half of The Blockheads
>Upcoming Swan7 Lynchings:
1/27/12:Do The Dubz: SEXX and BASS @ Trexx, cuse

www.facebook.com/djswan7 / www.facebook.com/theblockheadsdnb / http:/theblockheadsdnb.podbean.com /
http://direktinfluence.we.bs / www.soundcoud.com/dj-swan7 / www.youtube.com/djswan77
Go to Top of Page

kristenpimpin
UUnet Guru

1352 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  4:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Send kristenpimpin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah dude the binkies and f*ckin vicks is too much.

"if you're on the dance floor and you look to your left & your right and there's not a man in sight, you're NOT pimpin"

Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  5:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

NOW

"WHISTLE POSSE PUMP IT UP!!!"

quote:

Go to Top of Page

Jogo Element
UUnet Guru

1175 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  5:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jogo Element's Homepage  Send Jogo Element an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL!! Epic effing pic

http://jogoelement.com http://soundcloud.com/jogo-element

It's within each of us

Go to Top of Page

UUnet Buddha

302 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  6:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit 8's Homepage  Send 8 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vogelizer

I thought it was gay that they tried renaming the genre to UK hardcore in some instances since i really can't tell the difference.

But the genre itself is still full of win to me. Love hearing someone who plays it well do a good job and alot of the new tracks that are coming out are pretty solid and a little less cheesy than the happy 2b hardcore stuff.

I just call it hardcore but I think UK Hardcore is more proper. Around 2002/2003 was when it stopped being as happy as the old school stuff. Yeah, there are still cheesy tracks but for the most part it is not that comparable to older stuff.

You should know that hardcore is not dead at all. Gomer, Mikey Parkay and Dose are booked for a huge hardcore party in DC in April. My all time favorite DJ, Luna-C, is playing too.

www.djeight.com
www.mixcloud.com/eight/

Edited by - 8 on 01/11/2010 6:22:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  7:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vogelizer

quote:

quote:

NOW

"WHISTLE POSSE PUMP IT UP!!!"

THANK YOU! lol

Go to Top of Page

marz21
network_marzian

943 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  7:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit marz21's Homepage  Send marz21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can settle the great happy hardcore debate with a simple answer:

NO

That is all...

you can't un-hear it!!

Go to Top of Page

GACProductions
UUnet Guru

2195 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  8:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit GACProductions's Homepage  Send GACProductions an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is that from my party Mayhem?! I really miss doing my summer hardore party. Like a Lot.
Hype moments of the night...

Warchild and Orsen Wells killed it.. Phil Ryan coming in.

Venom blowing up the place.

Anbolic Frolic's first and only NY
appearance since his BAN from the US.

1300 Crew Game Boycore Bizniz

Hardmind Hardcore Crew Blowing it up

Dirty old frank's suprise DJ set. Wow.
Shit like this doesn't happen anymore.

Button's Anyone?

Edited by - GACProductions on 01/11/2010 8:19:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  8:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 8

I just call it hardcore but I think UK Hardcore is more proper.

I would never confuse hardcore with happy hardcore. People are confused enough as it is.

One type is lollipops and rainbows the other is chainsaws and mutilation.

quote:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks