Space Girl.. I mean Space Nurse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  09:39:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0fV0h6povI

^^ This is random, but Space Girl graduated nursing school, she's in it around 1:15.

lol always wondered what happened to her. (from nro, and no I'm not stalking her.)

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  10:06:35 AM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
she stopped getting gigs because she was faking live p.a. sets

www.facebook.com/hambonethedj

Go to Top of Page

dr morozoff
upstate_maverick

2837 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  11:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Send dr morozoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hambone

newsflash: live p.a. sets aren't usually very live.

Go to Top of Page

Jogo Element
UUnet Guru

1175 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  11:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jogo Element's Homepage  Send Jogo Element an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Unless you're Phungeye

http://jogoelement.com http://soundcloud.com/jogo-element

It's within each of us

Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  11:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw her once "live" and wasn't that impressed honestly, although both of her albums we amazing. Unknown Planet in particular.

Go to Top of Page

dr morozoff
upstate_maverick

2837 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  11:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Send dr morozoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jogo Element

Unless you're Phungeye

yeah? his sets are 100% unsequenced? just curious

seriously unless you have like 6 people with 4 arms each the term "live" is a joke regarding electronic music.

i don't know why people ever called it such

Go to Top of Page

Exploit
UUnet Guru

1829 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  12:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Exploit an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Visitor was pretty good!

I've gotta infect you with my beat.
Go to Top of Page

dr morozoff
upstate_maverick

2837 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  12:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Send dr morozoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Exploit

Visitor was pretty good!

hahah yeah for a closet nazi i guess

Go to Top of Page

DevilEyes
UUnet Guru

671 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  3:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit DevilEyes's Homepage  Send DevilEyes an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've seen her play countless times at the asylum in Massachusetts (rip asylum) and she stopped getting gigs for a somewhat similar reason there (kids just thought she was a joke after awhile)
I was always completely unimpressed.

~~~~~~~~~
PROM. 2013
Go to Top of Page

GACProductions
UUnet Guru

2195 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  10:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit GACProductions's Homepage  Send GACProductions an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not really.. To be honest very few people care.. I could tell you most kid wouldn't know what a live pa consists of. Basicly, She stop getting booked because she was a midlevel dj charging a high price and when the scene crashed after 2001 and everyone lowered their prices.. She didn't. Plus she played a LOT in the northeast. So she kinda saturated the market for a little while. When puch came to shove, there was no room for her in the ultra competative midlevel trance djs.

Button's Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

DevilEyes
UUnet Guru

671 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  07:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit DevilEyes's Homepage  Send DevilEyes an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GACProductions

quote:

Not really.. To be honest very few people care.. I could tell you most kid wouldn't know what a live pa consists of. Basicly, She stop getting booked because she was a midlevel dj charging a high price and when the scene crashed after 2001 and everyone lowered their prices.. She didn't. Plus she played a LOT in the northeast. So she kinda saturated the market for a little while. When puch came to shove, there was no room for her in the ultra competative midlevel trance djs.

oh please todd. if your being booked and paid for a live pa. then thats what you should be doing. your just butt hurt because this thread doesnt just sing praises about spacegirl- that you wanted to book for QF10 and I had to be the smart one to put the kabosh on that. =)
she DID play on the east a lot UNTIL she was found to be faking sets. the assylum was known to sorta book the same djs over and over for awhile. it wasnt oversatation. kids over there dont care about that. theyre greatful for any parties given to them and show up in masses (in mass)
she was charging too much at at most was a "meh" dj for her price and her "live" set

~~~~~~~~~
PROM. 2013
Go to Top of Page

Sean Place
caulk_lover

4378 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  12:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sean Place's Homepage  Send Sean Place an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my sets are always "live", can i have 1000$ now...
Go to Top of Page

LogiC
UUnet Guru

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  1:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit LogiC's Homepage  Send LogiC an AOL message  Send LogiC a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I never knew people would use the term "Live PA" without being one until I moved to NY.

[21:17] ll DJ L0g1C ll: fuck i cant type
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: i
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: will
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: suck
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: you
[21:17] ll DJ L0g1C ll: nice
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  10:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GACProductions

quote:

I hear Space Girl, Miss Lisa, and Portia Surreal all hang out on fridays and watch lifetime movies.

& Pleasurehead sits at home next to the phone waiting for his trance to perculate.

Go to Top of Page

marz21
network_marzian

943 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  08:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit marz21's Homepage  Send marz21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Place

my sets are always "live", can i have 1000$ now...

Nice....

And having seen her twice and getting damn close to the stage to watch her..... (denver and burlington)

Yea, she was bunk....

you can't un-hear it!!

Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  12:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think all you guys are on CRACK.

I saw Spacegirl a million times, Never saw her faking shit and her tunes were insanely amazing.

I bought as much of her cds as possible back in the day.

Maybe she didnt think she was getting paid what she was worth.

If I brought out that much HARDWARE I would probably attach a premium too. She emerged prior to the "LAPTOP-crowd has no idea what you are ACTUALLY DOING" era, where it was alot harder to fake sets.

Click the link below to stream and download my new mix

"The Punisher" by vogelizmskizm
http://soundcloud.com/defektivsoundsystem05
quote:
Originally posted by deebuke

seriously. people really need to get educated if they're gonna claim to like edm. i remember when i took my first edm test... i BARELY passed. i felt like such a scrub. but, then i studied my ass off.. retook the test.. got an A - AND a motherfuckin gold star.

now i only associate with gold star club members. which reminds me.. imma have to see all your gold star club member cards when you get a chance please. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  12:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
p.s. wish more people produced HARD ACID TRANCE.

Dunno who does it anymore but I used to love it.

quote:

seriously. people really need to get educated if they're gonna claim to like edm. i remember when i took my first edm test... i BARELY passed. i felt like such a scrub. but, then i studied my ass off.. retook the test.. got an A - AND a motherfuckin gold star.

now i only associate with gold star club members. which reminds me.. imma have to see all your gold star club member cards when you get a chance please. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

dvs109
UUnet Guru

883 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  3:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vogelizer

If I brought out that much HARDWARE I would probably attach a premium too. She emerged prior to the "LAPTOP-crowd has no idea what you are ACTUALLY DOING" era, where it was alot harder to fake sets.

on point.

Its kind of like skylab2000- from the shows that I have seen I was not very impressed with the tunes but he used alot of gear. Real gear, not plugins. And from what I hear he is very expensive.
Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  9:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah Ophidian (one of my hardcore icons) came to Philadelphia a few years back and got nasty on an ALL HARDWARE live P.A.

Set will stick out in my head for a long time just because of how real it felt and how everyone could see everything he did without being dulled with a laptop screen.

Sorry I know alot of you are doing it for real on a computer but just like anything digital it bores the f*ck out of me.

.com

quote:

Go to Top of Page

GACProductions
UUnet Guru

2195 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  11:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit GACProductions's Homepage  Send GACProductions an AOL message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Vogelizer

I know when I was going to book her.. She didn't haul out any gear. You had to fly her.. FROM NEW YORK.. A 4 hour drive plus, You had to rent it for her.. She just brought discs for the gear. mind you.. this shit is EXPENSIVE.. on TOP of her pay. Let alone that no one in syracuse rents it.. I would have to drive to Rochester to get it.

Button's Anyone?

Edited by - GACProductions on 06/28/2010 11:38:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  04:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well then i guess its pretty obvious why she doesnt get booked then..

quote:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks