Five! - April 8th, 2005
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 17

GACProductions
UUnet Guru

2195 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  04:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit GACProductions's Homepage  Send GACProductions an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For close to half a decade two seperate forces in electronic music have remained at the forfront of the Upstate New York scene. They have seen events from Large to small, Massives to Intimate showcases.

Two forces, remaining seperate..
Until tonight.
Tonight we bring them together..
Not only them..
But 5 crews and one amazing venue.

It has finally come time for Upstate New York's longest running Dance music venue and longest running production company to bring you something that cannot and will not be duplicated. GAC Productions and Trexx Nightclub Proudly present an event five years in the making.

GAC Productions in assocation
with Trexx Nightclub and the Debut of Vibe 315 presents..

FIVE
Friday, April 8th, 2005
Trexx Nightclub
319 N Clinton Street
Syracuse, NY 13202

with The Bubble and Vinyl Beat Productions Present :

THE FOUR FOUR!

Josh The Funky 1
1am-2:30am - Funky House
“Universal Sound” CD Release Tour
System Recordings/ Funktion / Fused - Chicago

Josh "The Funky 1" hails from Chicago, the home of House Music. A DJ for over 12 years, Josh blends a unique style of funky house, tech-house, and breaks, while incorporating ill-scratching and turntable tricks. Josh's passion for the art of DJ'ing first came about when he discovered hip-hop while still in grade school. A fan of early pioneering hip-hop groups like Public Enemy, EPMD, and Eric B and Rakim, he was enthralled by the art of scratching. One day a friend lent Josh a videotape of a DJ battle, which unknowingly turned out to be a D.M.C. battle, the most renowned DJ battle in the world. Mesmerized by what he saw could be done with 2 turntables and a mixer, Josh practiced and honed his skills relentlessly. His passion and persistence proved to be worthwhile, as he has since displayed his skills in some of the most prestigious DJ battles in the world. 1997 saw Josh became a D.M.C Midwest Finalist.
In 1999 Josh competed in the Winter Music Conference scratching competition where he was a runner up to 3-time world champion DJ Craze. In the year 2000, Josh took 1st place in the beat-mixing competition at the Winter Music Conference DJ spin-off.
Aside from competing, Josh's passion for music has led him to compile several mix compilations including his own "House Funktion" series, which showcases his diverse music selection and wicked turntable skills. Josh has also helped to co-produce legendary D.J., Bad Boy Bill's , "Bangin the Box Vol. 4" and "Banging in London" mix compilations. He hasn't ripped up the floor sinces Quikk Fixx 5. so get ready for his scratching skills and banging selection! It's time once agian for Josh The Funky 1!

David Christopher aka Deviant
2:30am-4am - Tech House and Trance
Balance Record/Toes in the Sand/Headrush Music - Cleaveland

Every year two things are for sure. David Chrisopher aka Deviant will be playing Quikk Fixx and he will be rocking the floor. David is simply amazing, He keeps the dance floor moving non stop with the smoothest mixes. In addition as part of Balance Record pool he has the same hot track selection as djs like Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyke, John Digweed. Sasha. David has been playing since day one and year after year he hasn't disappointed.

Mike Parkay
12:00pm-1:00am - Funky House
The Bubble/Vibe 315 - Utica

Mike Parkay is one of the reason why we have a scene today. Plugging away and keep the party going night after night Mike give his whole heart and soul to us in every set and every production. As half of the Bubble and 1/3 of Vibe 315 Mike Keeps busy. Tonight He's going to keep you busy by giving you the Funkiest shit to groove to. You know Mike Parkay is on the decks when you see those asses shakin'!

Sean Place and Kemp
10:30pm-12:00pm - Techno
Vinyl Beat Productions and Eclectech - Syracuse

Sean has been keeping busy with his weekly at Trexx as of late.. Kemp has been helping with eclectech wich has produced some of the best events over the years. Tonight though, Sean place and Kemp are taking the party higher with some nasty techno to make you move. Be on the dance floor and let your feet do the talking cause the duo will kick the party into high gear!

Meta X and Bebop
9pm-10:30pm - Funky and Old school Acid house
GACRaverz and Direkt Influenc/www.djsourceradio.co.uk - Syracuse/Sylvan Beach

Bebop has been making quite a name for himself as of late.. Getting his root from attending the Quikk Fixx events over the years and honing his skills on djsourceradeo.co.uk. Meta X has been playing Quikk Fixx ever since it began five years ago.. Tonight he will be spreading the vibe to the fullest. As you see, Matt and Matt have the same love for music. Tonight they blend thier styles and make the night start out right.

Your Host : Nate aka BFSHM
Your Host for the Night
BFSHM/1300 - Syracuse

If you don't know about the BFSHM get ready to learn cause Shocker aka Nasty Nate is going to make this a physical affair. He'll have you jumping and moving and making the play go crazy! get on the floor and get the fuck down! It's time for some BFSHM! YEAH!

with Brokenbeats and Gettup Massive Present :

THE BASS!

Stakka
2:30am-4am - Drum and Bass
Cargo Industries/The Militia - Brighton, UK

If you don't know who this is.. You might be missing the entire point of drum and bass! Shaun Morris, aka Stakka, has led his own digital revolution in music from a young age. As a teenager in Brighton, England in the 80’s, he took notice of the epic compositions of Jean-Michel Jarre. The futuristic sounds of the synthesizer and the catchy riffs relentlessly mutating into the next would find their way into Stakka’s insistent and unearthly sound. Evolution of that sound brought him to launching Cargo Industries at the start of 2003. The label is a mutated hybrid offspring of his style, past recordings, and label affiliations. Under Stakka creative control, Cargo will force-feed the evolution of Drum’n’Bass. Stakka has cut more plates then you can count and colaborations with the like of Andy C and more He is going to tear apart Upstate!

Reid Speed
1am-1:30am - Drum and Bass
Breakbeat Science/ESDJCO - Los Angeles

Reid Speed has had a pretty great year. In the fourteen months since her first mix CD, Resonance, on Breakbeat Science Recordings, she conquered a 35-date tour, moved to Los Angeles, secured a national ad campaign with Triple 5 Soul, and was selected as the official DJ for a network comedy show. As the perfect finish to her outstanding debut year, Reid Speed now releases her powerful new drum + bass mix CD, Life After Dark, a reflection of her packed dancefloor sets that illuminates the depth of her selection and the full spectrum of her talent as a DJ. This is her first apearance upstate in over 6 years!

Rob Gee
1:30am-2:30am - Hardcore
ADAM Recordings - New York

Few DJs can play music that hits hard as hell and moves a crowd to dance. Few can write original songs that make you want to sing. Only a special artist can play live in front of 1 million people. ROB GEE does all this and more. He's famous in New York as "the hardest DJ to ever play the Limelight." The crowds kept coming back to Limelight, just like they did in Italy, Ibiza, Scotland, Austria, Belgium, Holland's THUNDERDOME PARTIES and MYSTERYLAND FESTIVALS, France's MIDEM, and Germany's LOVE PARADE, where GEE played before 1 Million people in 1996. His indecisiveness as to whether or not he wanted to break dance and spin hip hop or jump in the mosh pit and play in a metal band was one of the reasons he began to cultivate his own style of both. While others are just spinning records, GEE is a true entertainer.

Cat Scratch Fever Tour :
Annalyze and Reid Speed on 3 tables and 2 mixers
12am-1am - Breakbeat
Breakbeat Science/ESDJCO - Los Angeles and Skyehigh/Fused/Stanton - Rochester

This is a chance to see two breakbeat divas at thier best! This special 3 table 2 mixer set is going to blow you mind! The crazy breakbeats the wild scratching. This set is breaks at it's best This is the first appearance for both Reid and Annalyze at Quikk fixx and this promises to be something that is talk about for quite some time!!!

Milkdud vs Silas Maximus
11pm-12am - Old School Jungle
Intellectual property vs Gettup Massive/Vibe 315 - Albany vs Auburn

Allright everyone this is it, the moment you have been waiting for. The only junglist to play every Quikk Fixx mashes out with the Godfather of the Gettup Massive. If you've heard them Individually then you know what time it is.. Time for those classics. This is going to hurt you where it counts AMEN! Know what I mean.

Plume vs Ganixx
10pm-11pm - Drum and Bass
Brokenbeats/Dream Research vs Hyphonic - Binghamton vs Ithaca

Two of the hard hitter of the drum and bass scene.. Two that are much more the just a DJ. They continue to push the scene foward with hot mixes and event production.. Exposing new heads to new beats. These two turn people onto the sounds by making the dance floor explode like no one else can. Reeeeeeeeeeespek!

Meniscus vs Modulate
9pm-10pm - Breaks
Brokenbeats/Tangent vs Metrosoul/1300 - Binghamton vs Syracuse

These two have been at every single Quikk Fixx since the very first year. Eathier rocking the decks or burning it up out on the dance floor Jeff and Peter make it to this event year after year. This year they bring us a live set set made for this specific occasion. Prepare you dancing shoes and get ready for some Bassy Breaks Biznazz!

MC Scatter
Master of Cerimonies
LaSelva/ROC DNB - Rochester

MC Rekm
Master of Cerimonies
Phato - Syracuse

MC Mystery
Master of Cerimonies
The Zone/BeatdownKru - Ithaca

MC Jinx
Master of Cerimonies
BeatdownKru - Albany

SoulFresh will be making the magic happen when they transform our venue into something to behold.
A variety of Venders will be on hand to offer you everything from glowsticks and whistles to Mixtapes and Cds

$15 Presale, More at the Door

Presale Tickets Available :

SYRACUSE :
Skyehigh East
167 Mashall Street
Syracuse NY 13210
Phone : 315-422-4827

ROCHESTER :
Skyehigh West
610 Monroe Avenue
Rochester NY 14607
Phone : 585-271-5750

BUFFALO :
Powerhouse Pro DJ
3648 Harlem Road
Buffalo NY 14215
Phone : 716-831-5544

ALBANY :
Massive Audio
306 Hudson Avenue
Albany NY 12210
Phone : 518-831-1742

UTICA :
Puff-n-Stuff
333 Genesee Street
Utica, NY 13501
Phone : 315-734-0363

BINGHAMTON :
PLUME IS DA MAN TALK TO HIM!
OUTLET TBA..

Web Support :
http://www.nysraves.com
http://www.upstateunderground.net
http://www.groovenet.org
http://www.wnysor.net
http://www.afterhoursny.com

Radio Support :
Z89 - WJPZ 89.1 - www.z89.com

Flyer:

(click for big)

Edited by - GACProductions on 04/06/2005 02:22:41 AM

Asrael
UUnet Guru

1257 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  10:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Asrael's Homepage  Send Asrael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm.... interesting. I have two guesses in mind for the headliners, but I'll keep quiet. ;)
Go to Top of Page

kritikal
UUnet Addict

124 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  3:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit kritikal's Homepage  Send kritikal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I know

Somethin' tells me the DnB headliner will be a cute chick!
Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  4:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to be a part of this.

plume057@hotmail.com

you know how I do....

Todd, check your inbox for a message from me!

Edited by - plume on 01/05/2005 4:34:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Asrael
UUnet Guru

1257 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  4:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Asrael's Homepage  Send Asrael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That would be too obvious. I'm thinking of a boy named Damien.

Somehow, a donald named glaude popped in my head, too.

But I'm probably way off...
Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  4:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A solo DSL set would be almost as cool as a cute female dj.

almost.
Go to Top of Page

Asrael
UUnet Guru

1257 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  6:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Asrael's Homepage  Send Asrael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But what if this Damien DSL guy had some speedy cute female DJ as his fly girl? That would work out ok with me.
Go to Top of Page

kritikal
UUnet Addict

124 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  8:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit kritikal's Homepage  Send kritikal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahaha.....I was thinkin Reid Speed, but the damien guy otherwise known as dieselboy would be just as dope. Or any other cute female dnb dj whose first name isn't CHARISSA
Go to Top of Page

RavinManiac
UUnet Addict

214 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  10:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Send RavinManiac an AOL message  Send RavinManiac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing at Josh da funky one as far as the house goes... and yes Reid Speed is my guess as far as the D~n~B goes!!! Hmmmmm???? Either way, can't wait for the flyers! Sounds like a HOTTTT night!!!
Go to Top of Page

Parkay
Upstate Underground Moderator

4567 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  10:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parkay's Homepage  Send Parkay an AOL message  Send Parkay an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Fuck the Dnb headliner.. Whos spinning DA FUNK!

LEt us know Let us KNOW!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sean Place
caulk_lover

4378 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  10:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sean Place's Homepage  Send Sean Place an AOL message  Reply with Quote
todd u fucker, you better be getting reid speed up in that package! her tracks give me a hard on...youll have to let me know what you want us to contribute as well. $$/dj's
Go to Top of Page

GACProductions
UUnet Guru

2195 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  12:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit GACProductions's Homepage  Send GACProductions an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mike Parkey is spinning the funk..
Or at least he is for part of the night.. Clear your schedual.. Your booked.
Go to Top of Page

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  01:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
woohoo, hearing that the quikk fixx series is keepin on keepin on is good news, fo sho!!
Go to Top of Page

Asrael
UUnet Guru

1257 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  10:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Asrael's Homepage  Send Asrael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you happen to need any dnb (dark style, neuro funk, liquid funk, drumfunk) from the capital district, you know where to find me... for this one or any of your events in the future. Haven't played a solo set in a while and I'm itching to do so. ;)

Go to Top of Page

dirtyburn
UUnet Buddha

427 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  11:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woah! Did someone mention God.. I mean Glaude?

That would be killer, but I don't think that's who it is.

But who I do think it is... is still pretty awesome. I'm having flashbacks to QF2. What a time that was!

I missed last years QF.. It wont happen again, damnit!
Go to Top of Page

Sean Place
caulk_lover

4378 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  1:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sean Place's Homepage  Send Sean Place an AOL message  Reply with Quote
glaude is 2000$ i would crap my pants.
Go to Top of Page

Asrael
UUnet Guru

1257 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  3:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Asrael's Homepage  Send Asrael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glaude's a f'n riot live on the decks! And his hair kicks ass, too!
Go to Top of Page

dirtyburn
UUnet Buddha

427 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  8:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess ya'll are just gonna have to go to Let's Eat Some Cookies a grab a pre-flyer to see who the house headliner is, eh?
Go to Top of Page

djjune-r
UUnet Guru

633 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  11:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit djjune-r's Homepage  Send djjune-r an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GACProductions

with the Debut of Vibe 315 presents..

FIVE
Friday, April 8th, 2005
Syracuse, NY

Line Up TBA

Preflyers out at Let's eat some cookies..
6 headliners.. 5 Years.. 4 Crews..
3 Rooms.. 2 Areas of sound.. One Vibe!

SoulFresh will be making the magic happen when they transform our venue into something to behold.

Without giving anything away..
Let's Just say the house will be FUNKY and the DnB will have some SPEED.. I bet you'll be shitting you pants soon..

TODD U DA BOMB B
Go to Top of Page

djjune-r
UUnet Guru

633 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  11:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit djjune-r's Homepage  Send djjune-r an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by djjune-r

quote:
Originally posted by GACProductions

with the Debut of Vibe 315 presents..

FIVE
Friday, April 8th, 2005
Syracuse, NY

Line Up TBA

Preflyers out at Let's eat some cookies..
6 headliners.. 5 Years.. 4 Crews..
3 Rooms.. 2 Areas of sound.. One Vibe!

Without giving anything away..
Let's Just say the house will be FUNKY and the DnB will have some SPEED.. I bet you'll be shitting you pants soon..

TODD U DA BOMB B

i hope but i know DJ HIVE is aking too much
Go to Top of Page

Modulate
UUnet Guru

1728 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  12:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
todd.......................................we have to get together. call me @ skyehigh.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks