Neuro!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  8:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i know the discussion about the liquid and nuerofunks has been talked about on here before but i wanna know who loves the crazy nuerofunk thats being put out right now?!! i just saw hive and gridlock in boston this past weekend and i think i have discovered my favorite dnb producer/dj....gridlock OWNS! neuro is the hot shiz for me right now...

www.facebook.com/hambonethedj

djmilkdud
will_dj_for_food

514 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  10:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit djmilkdud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i can't keep up with all of this, what exactly are you talking about?
Go to Top of Page

UPlift
UUnet Buddha

260 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  1:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit UPlift's Homepage  Send UPlift an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dont know the term neurofunk . that might be the 'NEUROSIS-like' sci-fi tracks out these days. pretty hard & dark eh?

digs liquid.

http://www.myspace.com/upliftmovement
Go to Top of Page

Hyphonic
UUnet Buddha

359 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  2:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea its that newer style of very precise sci fi tech
Go to Top of Page

Asrael
UUnet Guru

1257 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  2:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Asrael's Homepage  Send Asrael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To me, it's basically techstep... only much better and not as 'grungy'. It does, however, have a pretty distinct sound to it. Check out stuff by ASC, Noisia, IRC, Mav, Sentient... very nice stuff from Covert Operations.

massiveaudio

Go to Top of Page

djmilkdud
will_dj_for_food

514 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  4:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit djmilkdud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's all jungle to me.
Go to Top of Page

Modulate
UUnet Guru

1728 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  6:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
asc is the shiznit
mad edits with no amens
good look asreal

Edited by - Modulate on 06/22/2005 6:20:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  9:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
neuro is alot of virus' stuff,like ed rush and opt. are a prime example, also Teebee is another big one along with up and comers like psidream and so on

Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  4:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asrael

To me, it's basically techstep... only much better and not as 'grungy'. It does, however, have a pretty distinct sound to it. Check out stuff by ASC, Noisia, IRC, Mav, Sentient... very nice stuff from Covert Operations.

I agree completely. Basically think stuff like old Ed Rush + Optikal, check out the tune: Rob F. - Breath, that's neurofunk. c4c was doing it too before it was coined neurofunk. To me it's just a lot smoother than the typical hard in your face stuff that seems to be so popular now. Neurofunk tunes tend to put more focus on the synths and the bassline v. the drum work. I like it a lot.

dream research is baaaack... first Asheville event:

www.selectorplume.com

New Techno mix here: http://virb.com/plume
Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  4:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hambone

neuro is alot of virus' stuff,like ed rush and opt. are a prime example, also Teebee is another big one along with up and comers like psidream and so on

ooops, yeah what this guy says! what's up hambone!?
Go to Top of Page

Asrael
UUnet Guru

1257 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  4:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Asrael's Homepage  Send Asrael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plume
check out the tune: Rob F. - Breath, that's neurofunk.

I love that tune! It's one of my faves in my collection... will never leave my bag. ;)

massiveaudio

Go to Top of Page

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  3:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wut up plume!! im up here in burlington, working my ass off and feeding off of the knowledge up the djs here in town. if anyone is interested in checking out the small but growing scene here check out burlingtonnights.com. there are a couple of things going on but a real party is scheduled for the end of july with onionz and some other big breaks name coming up. there talent up here thats for sure, even some people making some hot tunes but alas the lack of party people is the downfall. most shows are attended by the mass group of djs that resides here, kinda lame but o well...

btw neuro rules!!

Go to Top of Page

canGURU
UUnet Guru

841 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  12:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit canGURU's Homepage  Send canGURU an AOL message  Send canGURU a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
neurofunk. the word sounds pretty cool.

http://www.virb.com/dj_canguru
Go to Top of Page

jeremy logic
ruffneck_junglist

104 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  12:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Send jeremy logic an AOL message  Reply with Quote
check out mayhem,kiko,phace,pacific for other great examples...
NEURO FUNK GETS THE CHICKS, SEEN?

www.massiveaudio.net
Dream Research

Go to Top of Page

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  7:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pacific came through recently and phace came through in the spring! fuckin rockin nuero although pacific plays out more chick vocals then anyone ive seen come through, lol. the night pacific came through we ended up hammered on the swings of some park in burlington at 7 in the monrning, hes a fucking character to say the least. but yea, real chill guys who like to kick it...

Edited by - hambone on 06/27/2005 9:24:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  9:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mayhem, pacific and psidream are all roommates out in british columbia...

Go to Top of Page

Asrael
UUnet Guru

1257 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  11:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Asrael's Homepage  Send Asrael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hambone

mayhem, pacific and psidream are all roommates out in british columbia...

I bet their neighbors get pissed!

massiveaudio

Go to Top of Page

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  12:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
scratch that pacific and psidream live togethe, mayhem is in atlants... but yea im sure their neighbors are like wtf m8 nonstop, lol

Go to Top of Page

Modulate
UUnet Guru

1728 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  11:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats what my friends upstairs neighbors @ 708 say. but they say it in morse code, by banging their feet on the floor.

Edited by - Modulate on 06/28/2005 11:44:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Asrael
UUnet Guru

1257 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  10:25:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Asrael's Homepage  Send Asrael an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lol

I drove all the neighbors out of my building last year. I tried my best to find a middle ground for playing my music, but when the downstairs neighbor started complaining about me coming in at 2am on a Saturday night, not forgetting about the complaint she made about my two cats walking around at night, I just had enough. I told everyone with a complaint to call the cops if they were so worried about some music being played at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon. Besides, the landlord said I had every right to play music until 10pm.

Now my building is full of loud people... people with home theater systems that shake my apartment, other people with loud music, etc. It's great!

massiveaudio

Edited by - Asrael on 06/29/2005 10:26:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  10:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeremy logic

check out mayhem,kiko,phace,pacific for other great examples...
NEURO FUNK GETS THE CHICKS, SEEN?

WHERE ARE YOU MISTER LOGIC?

and I thought liquid got the chicks? wtf?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks