Drum 'n' Bass
 High contrast appreciation thread
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

w00
UUnet Guru

807 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  5:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
props to the dude. my fav DnB DJ/producer of the last couple years. anyone else dig the H.C.?

thank you high contrast, for letting me know that all DnB does not have to be borderline murder music lol

bonus: most high contrast mixx's ive heard dont have a garbage MC mucking the shit up. niiiice

Sean Place
caulk_lover

4378 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  5:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sean Place's Homepage  Send Sean Place an AOL message  Reply with Quote
im a big high contrast fan, havent been keeping up with him but ive always really liked his stuff. i think i have hmm, well had one of his cds. people really like my music and they take off with my cds.
Go to Top of Page

UUnet Buddha

302 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  1:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit 8's Homepage  Send 8 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He's alright. I respect him a lot, but he comes out with a lot of crap. It's probably around a 4:1 crap to tune ratio. Tough Guys Don't Dance was pretty good but that has been it as of late. His newest EP on Hospital is decent but it is very generic.

If you want to talk about classy producers lets talk about Spor, Evol Intent, or Noisia. These guys have been on top of their game for a while and have been coming out with amazing and unique sounding tunes.

www.djeight.com
www.mixcloud.com/eight/

Edited by - 8 on 05/10/2008 1:15:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Modulate
UUnet Guru

1728 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  6:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with 8 i never really like the dnb that he writes, i do however enjoy the brokenbeat he wrote when 2-step was the next big ting.

Go to Top of Page

electronic performer
UUnet Guru

532 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  8:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit electronic performer's Homepage  Send electronic performer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EVOL!
Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  7:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 8

He's alright. I respect him a lot, but he comes out with a lot of crap. It's probably around a 4:1 crap to tune ratio. Tough Guys Don't Dance was pretty good but that has been it as of late. His newest EP on Hospital is decent but it is very generic.

If you want to talk about classy producers lets talk about Spor, Evol Intent, or Noisia. These guys have been on top of their game for a while and have been coming out with amazing and unique sounding tunes.

I agree, a lot of his tunes are simply fillers, and there's absolutely nothing worse than liquid funk fillers cause they all sound the fucking same. That said my favorite HC tune is Amen Sister, that's a fucking classy tune right there.

I think we split our tastes there though, I don't like Evol or Spor and I fail to see/hear the originality in their music - ok that's not fair I just don't like it. However I LOVE Noisia, they're still doing some pretty cool things in d'n'b just don't listen to their house music, it's garbage!

Back to the topic though... I had higher hopes for the Hospital label sadly... however true colors is a pretty good LP.

dream research is baaaack... first Asheville event:

www.selectorplume.com

New Techno mix here: http://virb.com/plume
Go to Top of Page

Modulate
UUnet Guru

1728 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  1:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"EVOL!
tegrin spelled backwards is nirget"

evol backwards is love now thats funny.

Go to Top of Page

KarmicRadiation
UUnet Member

55 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  05:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit KarmicRadiation's Homepage  Send KarmicRadiation an AOL message  Send KarmicRadiation a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oprah spelled backwards is Harpo

"Get your graphics done right, quickly, and cheap"
http://www.myspace.com/KarmicRadiation
Go to Top of Page

Synergy
UUnet Addict

126 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  09:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Send Synergy an AOL message  Send Synergy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my favorite high contrast tunes:

This Feeling
Barcelona
and the remix he did of Something Good.... --oldskool classic!!

!Viva-la-familia-hardcore!

fight 2 demons!
Go to Top of Page

Swan 7
network_junglist

2444 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  10:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Swan 7's Homepage  Send Swan 7 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yo ive been hardcore diggin hc the past couple days....been a long time fan my fav track- days go by remix......but whats been driving me nuts the past couple days is his new shit- Adel's - Hometown Glory(High Contrast Remix).....was gonna keep it a secret but you all have to here this track.

Swan7:(DirektInfluence/DNBC/Visionary Mindz/UpStateJuNgLe/Four on the Floor/S7Design)-Jump Up,Liquid,Dubstep,Garage
1 half of The Blockheads
>Upcoming Swan7 Lynchings:
1/27/12:Do The Dubz: SEXX and BASS @ Trexx, cuse

www.facebook.com/djswan7 / www.facebook.com/theblockheadsdnb / http:/theblockheadsdnb.podbean.com /
http://direktinfluence.we.bs / www.soundcoud.com/dj-swan7 / www.youtube.com/djswan77
Go to Top of Page

Swan 7
network_junglist

2444 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  11:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Swan 7's Homepage  Send Swan 7 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 8

wait if your talkin neuro hc is tight but you cant compare it to noisa and spor.....thats darkstep shit..totally different sound. if your into hard shit check out hazard, xample, modified motion, distorted minds, factioon, heist cause they are actually pushing new harder dnb sounds.. educate

Swan7:(DirektInfluence/DNBC/Visionary Mindz/UpStateJuNgLe/Four on the Floor/S7Design)-Jump Up,Liquid,Dubstep,Garage
1 half of The Blockheads
>Upcoming Swan7 Lynchings:
1/27/12:Do The Dubz: SEXX and BASS @ Trexx, cuse

www.facebook.com/djswan7 / www.facebook.com/theblockheadsdnb / http:/theblockheadsdnb.podbean.com /
http://direktinfluence.we.bs / www.soundcoud.com/dj-swan7 / www.youtube.com/djswan77
Go to Top of Page

w00
UUnet Guru

807 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  12:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THIS THREAD IS STILL ON TOP LOL YAY FOR SUMMER.....YEESH
Go to Top of Page

BoogieDown
UUnet Guru

1252 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  11:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoogieDown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ANYTHING Hospital Records fuckin' owns. High Contrast is awesome, but London Elektricity ALWAYS rocks my socks. That new Danny Byrd album is looking pretty awesome, too.

"I wanna dance to the beat of a different drum..."
Go to Top of Page

Modulate
UUnet Guru

1728 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  4:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BoogieDown

ANYTHING Hospital Records fuckin' owns. High Contrast is awesome, but London Elektricity ALWAYS rocks my socks. That new Danny Byrd album is looking pretty awesome, too.

i also prefer London Elektricity

Go to Top of Page

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  09:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
all you liquid lovers didnt show up for bachelors of science??!! they are on top of the liquid game right now , im disappointed in you...

www.facebook.com/hambonethedj

Go to Top of Page

BoogieDown
UUnet Guru

1252 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  06:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit BoogieDown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would have if I could have!!! Believe me!!

"I wanna dance to the beat of a different drum..."
Go to Top of Page

Deborahdnq
UUnet Noob

1 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  10:47:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deborahdnq's Homepage  Send Deborahdnq an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
gotu kola security cameras canada best recipes infinity conair wcw vs nwo wife cheat pta grants porta crib [url=http://www.2013louboutinkutu.com/]¥ë¥Ö¥¿¥ó Ñ¥[/url] [url=http://www.manoloblahnikjpsale.com/]¥Þ¥Î¥í¥Ö¥é¥Ë¥¯ ͨ؜[/url] omnipage pro upgrade sequencing software mig21jet fighter 1 32 scale pechiney plastic packaging projection tvs for sale [url=http://www.franklinsalejpstore.com/]¥Õ¥é¥ó¥¯¥ê¥ó&¥Þ©`¥·¥ã¥ë[/url] thermal camera super mario bros nes digital lab seville classics fans players guide lifedesign self winding clock horseback riding helmets

Saginaw crossover
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks