GROOVE ATTACK 3.0 :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

wiggalicious
wiggle_&_jiggle

145 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  3:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Send wiggalicious an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i dunno about the rest of you, but i had a slamming time @ niagara falls!!! granted i didn't get there till 2am after a scenic bypass through buffalo, but hey... the night was dope, donald glaude and josh da funky 1 made me DANCE my ass off.... annalyze ripped it up like NO other >> she had the whole crowd going nonstop for 3 hours!!!! paradigm housed it up big-pimpin' style, rocking out some of the dopest house y'all have ever heard.... yup yup all in all for me the night was a success!!! great to see everyone out.... seems like i convinced (with the assistance of timmy) a certain someone that 2step is dope.... met mad kids from colombus OH and Boston MA, (who might i add destroyed the dancefloor like no other.)
aight....
i'm done.
thank you trish and bob....
hope all is good in da coop
:M:

Uber l33t Midget Mastah
public_enemy_#1

270 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  11:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Uber l33t Midget Mastah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ya we had a good time aswell...even during the hard labor bob made me enour...jk bob

Uber l33t Midget Mastah
Go to Top of Page

upstatehardcore
network_purist

3146 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  2:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Send upstatehardcore an AOL message  Send upstatehardcore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
venue big.....feet hurt.

Famous qoute heard from the weekend:

"no mommy, I don't want to go to school." said by ???

Dave

Edited by - upstatehardcore on 06/10/2002 2:31:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

ilovejungle
junglistic_souljah

442 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  5:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit ilovejungle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didnt enjoy the party for several reasons... Randall didnt show... then there was the 100 rewinds throughout the night... carpet on the dance floor... and lets not forget the shitty sound system. I cant speak for any of the other rooms but I was disappointed in the DnB room.

peace

Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  10:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didnt enjoy the party for several reasons... Randall didnt show... then there was the 100 rewinds throughout the night... carpet on the dance floor... and lets not forget the shitty sound system. I cant speak for any of the other rooms but I was disappointed in the DnB room.

peace

Jeremy

there should honestly only be one or two rewinds on any given night... its wack to hear someone rewind something that obviously doesn't need to be.

plume.

Go to Top of Page

SkittlzZ
mr_spawkle

188 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  10:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit SkittlzZ's Homepage  Send SkittlzZ an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i liked the trance room.... no rewinds... and it was jumpin' all night..... experimental room was interesting... the best part was the falls in the morning.. i thought people were playing frisbee but it was just birds.... i had fun...

Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  10:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I drop e-bombs.

plume.

Go to Top of Page

DjSmurf
smurf_a_licious

259 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  12:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit DjSmurf's Homepage  Send DjSmurf an AOL message  Send DjSmurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well what can i say I hgave a few diffrent opinioons on that whole party so here goes....
1. Music was off the mothafuckin hook Micro, Josh da funky one and annalyze tore the shit up Mark Grimace was great too much love for that man hooking me up like he did.
2. Most of the people i met were very chill great venue was dissapointed with the turn out expect more but no big deal. Rock on to the candy ravers that showed up
3. The bad apect of the nite was the money i lost beacuse of an assholethat is all I will say
4. What the hell was up with that expermental room went in there for maybe 30 secs killed my roll. Never heard anything worse in my life
5. Prior to the event I got turned on to 2 step mad props for the 2 responible for converting me I still want the tape though
That is about it or all that i can think of
one other thing security making fun of me cause i looked more fucked up than i shoulda

my eyes are always googily officer...

Edited by - DjSmurf on 06/11/2002 12:41:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

upstatehardcore
network_purist

3146 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  01:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Send upstatehardcore an AOL message  Send upstatehardcore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
To Skittles:

quote:
i thought people were playing frisbee but it was just birds

AHH...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKING LOL!!!!

To DJ Smurf:

quote:
What the hell was up with that expermental room went in there for maybe 30 secs killed my roll.

It is extremely unfortunate that you are so uneducated with the scene. Maybe if you took the chance to relax from all the kaos in your life you would have understood the music. And you may have answered your own question there...the word experimental comes to mind. For me experimental and ambient is one of the best forms of electronic music out there....it allows you to use your mind.

As far as "it killing" you roll. AHHH POOR BABY!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  1:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i drop DOUBLE stacked MALIs every other day.

I'm in it for the music.

plume.

Go to Top of Page

DjSmurf
smurf_a_licious

259 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  4:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit DjSmurf's Homepage  Send DjSmurf an AOL message  Send DjSmurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok First off Dave to call me uneducated is shit man i have been in this scene for nearly 6 years now...But apparently I am not entitled to like certain genres of techno I to am a fan of ambient but experimental is not my taste. To say I am uneducated when you don't even know where I am coming from is just messed up. Here I thought I was entitled to my own opinon but apprently I am not. And as for the chaos in my life I tried to relax but certain circumstances would not allow me to do that. My time there was fun I had a good nite for what it was.

Edited by - DjSmurf on 06/11/2002 4:50:09 PM

Edited by - DjSmurf on 06/11/2002 4:51:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

DjSmurf
smurf_a_licious

259 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  4:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit DjSmurf's Homepage  Send DjSmurf an AOL message  Send DjSmurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So HA! Sorry had to do it i wanted to make it 50 posts.

Go to Top of Page

upstatehardcore
network_purist

3146 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  6:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Send upstatehardcore an AOL message  Send upstatehardcore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I said uneducated with the scene. I didn't say that you were uneducated.

As I remember reading you asked "what the hell was up with the experimental room?" I interpreted that as, "what the hell is that music?" or as, "I don't understand what kind of music that was."

Maybe I interpreted that wrong. If I did, then I apologize.

Experimental is just that...experimental. 6 years in the scene, and you don't know what experimental is? Experimental and ambient go hand in hand. I bet that there might even be some experimental producer that you may even like. Aphex Twin comes to mind.

You are entitled to your own opinion here, but at least expect a responce to the posts you put up on the board. But, when you post something like experimental music "killed" your roll, I am gonna jump all over that. Everyone needs to have an open mind about things, give it a chance. Hell, even I gave trance a chance once or twice.

I have found that experimental and ambient is for a more mature mindset. It is music designed to listen to, not dance, or bounce around to. Sometimes it is so simple that its complicated (wierd huh?).

I guess I just wish that party goers today could appreciate that form of music for what it really is. Instead of saying that it "killed my roll" or "what the hell is this kind of shit" or whatever I heard the kids say when they walked into the Ioz room at GA3.

Those kids are all about thier music, they are all about expressing themselves. They combined things that I have been trying to do for years...sight, sound and motion togehter as one. Those 4 TV's, the shopping cart, the lighted cones, the DVD movies....all that coincided with the musical experience that they were going for. And kids had took the time and listened to it, instead of complaining about it, they might have learned something about themselves.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

DjSmurf
smurf_a_licious

259 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  11:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit DjSmurf's Homepage  Send DjSmurf an AOL message  Send DjSmurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Deep man Shit....

Go to Top of Page

pissant
UUnet Noob

24 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  11:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm extremely dizzy from reading all your drizzle... god.

-got me a ray gun, got me an altitude, can't help feelin' somethings wrong with everyone of you...
Go to Top of Page

pissant
UUnet Noob

24 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  11:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...still dizzy.

-got me a ray gun, got me an altitude, can't help feelin' somethings wrong with everyone of you...
Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  3:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
whoa i didnt even know the UUnets existed in 02'

I was here too.

holler.

Click the link below to stream and download my new mix

"The Punisher" by vogelizmskizm
http://soundcloud.com/defektivsoundsystem05
quote:
Originally posted by deebuke

seriously. people really need to get educated if they're gonna claim to like edm. i remember when i took my first edm test... i BARELY passed. i felt like such a scrub. but, then i studied my ass off.. retook the test.. got an A - AND a motherfuckin gold star.

now i only associate with gold star club members. which reminds me.. imma have to see all your gold star club member cards when you get a chance please. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

The PHUNgEYE
upstate_psy_guru

3726 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  4:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit The PHUNgEYE's Homepage  Send The PHUNgEYE an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I too. Came for the Trance stayed for the hard house. DJ Bam Bam!! Wut wut!

edit: I may be thinking about 2.0?

direkt influence/Visionarymindz/Radial Engine/microCosm house-embracing poi/glowstick artists, Freq's, geeks and weirdo's since '99 http://www.soundcloud.com/PHUNgEYE
http://www.Facebook.com/PhunGeye
fb page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=229475867098470#!/pages/PHUNgEYE/256596447701866
phuse.analysis: www.facebook.com/pages/Phuse-analysis/151413218210110

Edited by - The PHUNgEYE on 08/05/2009 4:09:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

The PHUNgEYE
upstate_psy_guru

3726 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  4:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit The PHUNgEYE's Homepage  Send The PHUNgEYE an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Title: Groove Attack 2.0
Promoter: Phlux
Date & Time: Saturday, September 9, 2000 - 12:00pm to ?
Lineup: Icey
Micro
Bam Bam
Hardware
XoTec
Josh Da Funky 1
Major Malfunction
Kimball Collins
Jon The Dentist
Sandra Collins
SOS
OS/2
Dr Trance
Dieselboy
AK1200
Dara
Marcos
Dose The Alien
Paladin 5.0
more

Venue: Niagra Convention Centre (New York)
Info: ??????
Admission: $30
Music: Breakbeat, Hardcore, House, Jungle, Techno, Trance
Extras: All Ages, 4 Room(s), Special/Rave

Ya I was.

direkt influence/Visionarymindz/Radial Engine/microCosm house-embracing poi/glowstick artists, Freq's, geeks and weirdo's since '99 http://www.soundcloud.com/PHUNgEYE
http://www.Facebook.com/PhunGeye
fb page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=229475867098470#!/pages/PHUNgEYE/256596447701866
phuse.analysis: www.facebook.com/pages/Phuse-analysis/151413218210110

Go to Top of Page

Lost Monster
Upstate Underground Moderator

2408 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  12:06:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Lost Monster an AOL message  Reply with Quote
shite looks gay

Anyone got a map?
Go to Top of Page

DevilEyes
UUnet Guru

671 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  11:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit DevilEyes's Homepage  Send DevilEyes an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh man.. I remember that party.. Fun times.

~~~~~~~~~
PROM. 2013
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet