Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

All Forums
 Upstate Underground Community
 Upstate Underground Network Main Forum
 Pioneer HDJ-500's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bender Posted - 12/09/2010 : 6:09:07 PM
So i just got these as an early christmas gift, and for 100 dollars they are wicked sick. sound is crystal clear with tons of bass. completely detachable cord(comes with one for club mixing, and a shorter one for home use) which locks into the left ear. and the best thing overall is the tilting right ear. it rotates up to 60 degrees in an up and down motion. overall great buy and would recommend them for any DJ.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Juniper Posted - 12/12/2010 : 8:01:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpPw_PLR8Qw still the man!!!!
Juniper Posted - 12/12/2010 : 7:46:44 PM
yeah this is how djs use to roll. I still do rotary. My monophone is not working tho. He are the Martinez Brothers using one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ2S4pXoDHk
The PHUNgEYE Posted - 12/12/2010 : 3:09:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Vogelizer

quote:
Originally posted by Juniper

You can buy these already built but more impressive to do it your self and real house dj uses these :-) (jkg) I had one but need to have it fixed lol

Cup: Sony MDR-V700
Driver: 50mm, 5,000mW, 24Ohm
Grip: 160mm long x 35mm diameter steel with 22.5º bend, MDCC foam
Switch: Switchcraft 3-position
Socket: Switchcraft XLR
Jacks: Neutrik 90º XLR and 90º TRS
Cable: Canare Star Quad 21AWG
LED: 5mm SuperBright
Resistors: 24Ohm x 2

I don't get it do you just hold it up to your ear?? what are these?

Old School. I first saw this from Todd Terry. I would love it. with 4 decks and a rotary.

cuestick or lolipop...how many licks does it take....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzxDor1cPnw
Vogelizer Posted - 12/12/2010 : 2:33:37 PM
quote:

You can buy these already built but more impressive to do it your self and real house dj uses these :-) (jkg) I had one but need to have it fixed lol

I don't get it do you just hold it up to your ear?? what are these?
Juniper Posted - 12/12/2010 : 2:05:35 PM
as much as I dont like buying sony products they are consistent. Shit Aaron has had a set of sonys for 9 years and still are in great shape. He djs alot lol. A tun actually. Thats bang for your buck haha. 9 years for a 100 bucks is awesome. I have 3 pairs of sonys in 17 years. All still working haha thats bang for your buck. None are broke I just cant stand that the cables have stretched lol
plume Posted - 12/12/2010 : 10:40:07 AM
quote:

have them not a fan. They break easy. Went threw 2 pairs. Ian funny how you say sonys suck yet i have pairs that are outliving my pioneers 10 times over haha If ya can find them the Sonys that Depth have are the best phones I have ever put on my head. I believe they dont make them any more and are pricy. The technics are nice. I have friends who use Sennheiser Hd-25 Mkii and love them as for a differ than the norm. The ultrasons to. I will be getting the 7506 as I have 3 pairs of sony still going. The build and comfort are best. I cant wear the Pioneers for more than a couple hours before they bother me. When doing 3 to 4 hours sets that is a factor to me. Comfort. Now if their was only a place on this board to talk about this stuff :-)

Teddy I have a pair of MDR-V700s that I got as a gift probably back in 2004 or so. They held up well for about a year then started to crack at the hinge, I repaired them as best as I could and they've slowly continued to disintegrate. As they sit now, they're down to one cup and one hinge that works properly (I never use both phones any way) and the leather is finally about to give way. Sound quality if fine for 90% of dj work.

So, to be fair, perhaps that for the money, they're OK - but I'd prefer my equipment to last as long as possible especially since I take really good care of all my stuff, headphones included. At the end of my experience w/ them, I'd give my cash to another company. That said I think I'll be buying a mixer before investing into a $200 pair of phones...
Parkay Posted - 12/11/2010 : 6:43:06 PM
Best headphones to this day are still the stanton 2000's.. I wlll never get any other pair of headphones as long as I live ;-)
Juniper Posted - 12/11/2010 : 6:21:54 PM
really my biggest problem with pioneers after owning 2 pairs besides them breaking is the way they dont cup your ear. They set on your ear. Of course if you have really small ears lol this may not be a problem. The surely can crank out the volume tho.
bender Posted - 12/11/2010 : 5:55:02 PM
yeah i had a pair of skullcandys. and i will say that they were not very good, the sound was distorted when turned up loud enough and they ended up breaking. the right headphone broke away from the actual headphone itself. all in all go with pioneer. best bang for your buck for sure. pioneers can crank out sound without distortion and i love that.
Thomas J Posted - 12/11/2010 : 3:42:55 PM
well i'll be damned i have a new found respect for headphones. good thread!
Juniper Posted - 12/10/2010 : 7:49:03 PM
this thread should be moved to the gear section. Good thread!!
Juniper Posted - 12/10/2010 : 7:48:28 PM

t3uth Posted - 12/10/2010 : 6:04:15 PM
found this to be cool

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/548578/headphone_hack_make_you_own_noise_eliminating_headset/
Juniper Posted - 12/10/2010 : 5:20:57 PM
yeah i have never broken the hinge on the sonys. Have on the pioneers several times. I believe it can happen. It just never has. Im up for trying something new tho.
dr morozoff Posted - 12/10/2010 : 2:20:46 PM
The reason why i buy sennheiser is that they are fully modular i.e. if you blow the left speaker you can order one for ~$20 and just snap it in...same goes for any other part on their headphones
PL@N3MO Posted - 12/10/2010 : 2:17:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Vogelizer

The thing that sucks about Sony is the hinge issue along with the leather rubbing off. Technics has a reinforcement circle that prevents the break along the hinge. You still get cracks though from use, for that just put a little loc-tite stick and seal along those cracks and they never get big.

I don't have either issues, I guess I have to DJ parties to get good use of headphones though. haha. jk
Vogelizer Posted - 12/10/2010 : 2:14:04 PM
The thing that sucks about Sony is the hinge issue along with the leather rubbing off. Technics has a reinforcement circle that prevents the break along the hinge. You still get cracks though from use, for that just put a little loc-tite stick and seal along those cracks and they never get big.
Clotho Posted - 12/10/2010 : 1:27:39 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Clotho

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Cipher

quote:
Originally posted by Nav

Sennheiser HD280Pros anyone?

this

yup

had a pair for 6 years, lost 'em, and promptly replaced them

much more durable than anything from Sony, Pioneer or Tech, and imo they sound better than any of them too

The price is good for them thats for sure.

yeah, that's another good thing about Sennheiser

I have a pair of H150's I got for $15-20 that I use for home listening, and they're just excellent too
zoot Posted - 12/10/2010 : 1:22:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by djmilkdud

have had three pairs of sony 700s, they're loud, they're cheep, they break on the hinge all the time, i will continue to use them as long as i can keep buying new ones.

If you wire the hinge they will last much longer
djmilkdud Posted - 12/10/2010 : 1:15:00 PM
have had three pairs of sony 700s, they're loud, they're cheep, they break on the hinge all the time, i will continue to use them as long as i can keep buying new ones.

Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks