MAKE POUGHKEEPSIE PART OF UPSTATE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 3

DjTruthz
UUnet Addict

153 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  3:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit DjTruthz's Homepage  Send DjTruthz an AOL message  Send DjTruthz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
THIS IS A PETITION......what would it take for it to happen?

DjTruthz
UUnet Addict

153 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  3:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit DjTruthz's Homepage  Send DjTruthz an AOL message  Send DjTruthz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Edited by - DjTruthz on 05/02/2006 3:34:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

ShinesmanSepia
UUnet Buddha

385 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  4:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dunno, looks closer to connecticut, who votes poughkeepsie should be part of connecticut?

Go to Top of Page

djsuperd
trance_addict

968 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  4:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit djsuperd's Homepage  Send djsuperd an AOL message  Send djsuperd an ICQ Message  Send djsuperd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol
Go to Top of Page

kempy
UUnet Guru

913 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  4:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit kempy's Homepage  Send kempy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstate_New_York
Go to Top of Page

LogiC
UUnet Guru

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  7:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit LogiC's Homepage  Send LogiC an AOL message  Send LogiC a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
bwahahaha. I say poughkeepsie isnt even a real place!!!!!!!!!

[21:17] ll DJ L0g1C ll: fuck i cant type
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: i
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: will
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: suck
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: you
[21:17] ll DJ L0g1C ll: nice
Go to Top of Page

DjTruthz
UUnet Addict

153 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  8:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit DjTruthz's Homepage  Send DjTruthz an AOL message  Send DjTruthz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There is no clear or official boundary between Upstate New York and "Downstate New York", with the term "Upstate" sometimes used to refer to the whole of the state besides New York City and Long Island, and by others to refer only to the portion of the state north of Poughkeepsie and west of the Catskill Mountains. Because Westchester County and Rockland County contain many communities of New York City commuters, they are rarely if ever considered part of Upstate New York.

Thanks Kemp.......at least someone knows how to use their head.

I think anything more than an hour away from NYC is Upstate...

Go to Top of Page

DjTruthz
UUnet Addict

153 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  8:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit DjTruthz's Homepage  Send DjTruthz an AOL message  Send DjTruthz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ohhh here is more from that link

Putnam County, Orange County, and Dutchess County, while once universally considered part of the Upstate region, are often no longer considered so as more and more New York City commuters have moved there and turned rural areas into exurbs of the metropolis. All purchases in or from those three counties are charged the same additional 0.25% sales tax to support the commuter rail service provided them by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's Metro North lines as the downstate counties.

Go to Top of Page

djmilkdud
will_dj_for_food

514 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  8:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit djmilkdud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think upstate should be defined by any area north of the toll plaza at exit 17, minus a small section that includes poughkeepsie, and new paltz which is considered part of connecticut.
Go to Top of Page

CrazyRaver
upstanding_citizen_raver

2621 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  8:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CrazyRaver's Homepage  Send CrazyRaver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I say let Conn have them. if i cant spell the name of ur town then shit I dont like it lol
Go to Top of Page

ShinesmanSepia
UUnet Buddha

385 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  9:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think the general attitude Truthz is feel free to include poughkeepsie in upstate, and we'll all ignore the fact that its really connecticut, because we're nice like that

personally i say anything outside the city , and small parts of connecticut, are upstate
its just a good way to sort out the 5 non-nyc events every week from the 50 in the city

Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  07:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
um, why does it matter?

dream research is baaaack... first Asheville event:

www.selectorplume.com

New Techno mix here: http://virb.com/plume
Go to Top of Page

LogiC
UUnet Guru

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  08:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit LogiC's Homepage  Send LogiC an AOL message  Send LogiC a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oh man this has got to be the funniest thread in a while.

[21:17] ll DJ L0g1C ll: fuck i cant type
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: i
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: will
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: suck
[21:17] ll Krypt0 ll: you
[21:17] ll DJ L0g1C ll: nice
Go to Top of Page

DevilEyes
UUnet Guru

671 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  2:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit DevilEyes's Homepage  Send DevilEyes an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmm.. I'm upper Hudson Valley.. I'm still confused as to weather or not I'm actually upstate or downstate as well.
Eh doesn't really matter I guess.

~~~~~~~~~
PROM. 2013
Go to Top of Page

ll Krypt0 ll
shut_up_and_dance

1861 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  3:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plume

um, why does it matter?

seriously who gives two shits?

"DANCING CAN REVEAL ALL THE MYSTERY THAT MUSIC CONCEALS....."

www.floasis.net <-Liquid Dance forums

Long Live Wemf...
Go to Top of Page

ShinesmanSepia
UUnet Buddha

385 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  3:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Sean Place
caulk_lover

4378 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  6:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sean Place's Homepage  Send Sean Place an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats uncalled for. eww.
Go to Top of Page

kempy
UUnet Guru

913 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  10:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit kempy's Homepage  Send kempy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ll Krypt0 ll

quote:

um, why does it matter?

HEH! how does this differ from the usual dumb crap you two post/reply .. post/reply .. post/reply .. post/reply... to? ?
Go to Top of Page

Sean Place
caulk_lover

4378 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  10:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sean Place's Homepage  Send Sean Place an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i dont know, by the looks of it thats pretty intelegent crap... its almost if they were trying to spell something.
Go to Top of Page

ll Krypt0 ll
shut_up_and_dance

1861 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  05:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kempy

quote:
Originally posted by ll Krypt0 ll

quote:

um, why does it matter?

HEH! how does this differ from the usual dumb crap you two post/reply .. post/reply .. post/reply .. post/reply... to? ?

wait, maybe we agree on something? derka? what kinda tard comment is that dude....

"DANCING CAN REVEAL ALL THE MYSTERY THAT MUSIC CONCEALS....."

www.floasis.net <-Liquid Dance forums

Long Live Wemf...
Go to Top of Page

dosethealien
network_jedi

2854 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  06:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit dosethealien's Homepage  Send dosethealien an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Believe it or not has come up before, like 10 years ago. If Newburgh was considered part of Upstate then, Poughkeepsie should be now.

For the purpose of promoting there's I think poughkeepsie events should be listed as party of upstate. The promoters there do not rely on kids from the city and risk their ass on events just like we do up here. (Actually they share the same vibe too.)

The reason the promoter is asking is becasue he wants to help promote the scene in the surrounding areas relative to his hometown like we all do.

Also if you read the "stickies" the UU Board Moderators tell you not to post Non Upstate Events on the Upstate Section. You have to give them credit for being polite (OMG) and taking the time to ask.

According to the Official I LOVE NY site www.iloveny.com there is no mention of Upstate NY anywhere. SEE MAP BELOW

63M1N1 R151N6 - JUN3 2011 - PR0M0 M1X
http://soundcloud.com/dose-the-alien/sets/63m1n1-r151ng

F4C3800K
https://www.facebook.com/D0537H34L13N
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]